How much Does it Cost to Add a Small Half Bathroom?
It’s time to add a bathroom to your home. You want to save money on installation, though, so you’ve chosen to install a half bath instead of a full bathroom. While adding a small bathroom is cheaper than adding a large master bathroom, the price breakdown can still be confusing.
So, how much does it cost to add a half bathroom?
Here’s what you need to know:
How Much Does It Cost to Add a Half Bathroom?
The cost of adding a small bathroom depends on many factors. The first is size. A half bath is typically about 3-4 feet wide, and about 6-8 feet long, and larger half baths will be more expensive than smaller half baths.
The second consideration is the amenities. Half baths generally have a toilet, sink, and a mirror, although some are tricked out with additional storage and a vanity. The final, and highest cost of adding a half bathroom, is plumbing. Plumbing a new bathroom can run about $10,000-$25,000, especially if you have to cut through a foundation to do it.
That said, many people choose to save money by keeping the half bath near existing plumbing (on a shared wall with another bathroom, for example) or installing a Saniflo toilet system. The Saniflo SaniACCESS2 allows you to skip adding new plumbing and convert anything from an old closet to a nook into a half bath.
The Cost to Install a Half Bath With the Saniflo SaniAccess 2
Installing a half bath with a Saniflo upflush toilet system is by far the most affordable way to do it. Because it saves you plumbing costs, this option keeps money in your pocket and makes your bathroom installation as quick as possible. Here’s a rough cost breakdown for installing a new half bath with a Saniflo system. Keep in mind that exact numbers will vary, depending on the finishes and fixtures you choose:
- Pipe Installs: $600-$1,600 per fixture.
- Labor (if you hire a contractor to do the job for you): $1,200-$5,500
- Doors: $100-$300
- Faucets and showerheads: $20-$300
- Ceramic Tiles: $2-$20 per square foot
- Sink and faucets: $300-$500
- Toilet install: $250-$450
- Fan: $250-$500
- Mirrors: $50-$150 or more depending on size.
- Flooring: Ceramic tile costs about $1-$2 per square foot while linoleum is about $5-$7 per square foot. Porcelain, meanwhile, costs $6-$9 per square foot, and marble is $16-$18 per square foot.
- Cabinets: $350-$450 per linear foot.
- Toilet System: The Saniflo SaniAccess 2 Upflush Toilet complete system, which includes a macerator pump, tank, and bowl starts at about $984.30 without additional features like an elongated bowl or extension pipe.
If you want to save money on your bathroom installation, you can easily shave costs by installing elements yourself, rather than hiring a contractor, or opting for more affordable tile, vanities, and other finishes.
Ready to start your half bathroom project? Shop Saniflo toilet systems now!