Marine Electric Toilet$ 671.00
- Pumps vertically up to 10 ft
- Smallest electric marine toilet on the market
- Perfect replacement for a hand pump toilet
SaniMARIN Toilets - Example Installations (Photo Gallery)
Excellent alternative to hand pump products, the SaniMARIN Comfort toilet is the perfect, simple answer to having an electric lavatory on a boat, even when there is lack of space. The 31cm-high SFA macerator toilet is the smallest electrical toilet on the market.
On this model, the flushing mechanism is triggered with a two-position switch that lets you either rinse or grind. The length of each cycle is therefore user-controlled, without the use of electronics.
How It Works: Saniflo SaniMARIN Instructional Video
How It Works:
- At the touch of a button on the control panel, waste is flushed down from the bowl into the macerating area situated below.
- This area contains both a pump and a macerator. The latter is a turbine with stainless steel blades that swiftly grind the waste matter into fine particles in three to six seconds.
- This matter is simultaneously pumped through a standard 1½-inch plastic pipe into a blackwater holding tank, which may be located above or below sea level, for eventual discharge. Thanks to their 10-foot pumping height and powerful horizontal pumping distance of 98 feet, SaniMARIN upflush toilets enable boat owners to locate the blackwater tank (or purification) wherever desired on board.
- Once the toilet bowl is completely emptied, the unit’s s-bend fills with water again. The water level in the bowl adjusts automatically at the end of each flush cycle to eliminate all risk of odors.
The SaniMARIN 31c has a control panel with two settings:
- “Add Water,” the bowl-flush command.
- “Pump Out,” the macerate-and-empty command.
So the length of each cycle is user-controlled, without the use of electronics.
Installation can be adapted to suit any plumbing configuration and all types of boats. SaniMARIN models operate with either an on-board, pressurized, freshwater system or with a raw-water system that requires a separate seawater pump.
Warranty: 2-Year Full Manufacturer Warranty
1. How do Marine Toilets work?
A boat toilet works differently than a regular toilet. Marine toilets require a special mechanism because the fixture is not on land. A toilet on a boat needs a holding tank to store waste until discharged.
Water supply for a marine head can be from two sources. For fresh water, a special tank must be in place to store freshwater. Systems like this one require careful thinking because another compartment must be placed on the watercraft aside from the holding tank.
For raw water, pumps absorb seawater from a through-hull. Then, it goes to the toilet when you flush. Raw water systems are space-efficient. You can choose this option if there is limited space on the watercraft.
When you flush, water goes to the bowl and fills it. Like SaniMARIN, they have a configuration for normal flush, eco flush, or empty. The eco configuration is ideal if the option you chose is a freshwater system.
Then, a macerator absorbs the waste and disintegrates it into small pieces. It then passes through a no-return pipe and stays at the tank until discharged.
Aside from the mechanism, you may also notice that the seat size of a marine toilet is smaller than regular ones. But, the size of the seat is often small because of the limited space of small watercrafts.
2. What is the Best Marine Toilet?
In terms of quality and innovation, SaniMARIN is the best and affordable product in the market today. It is a great value for money and saves a lot of time. With a high-quality product like SaniMARIN, you’ll save money on repairs and avoid delays due to lavatory problems.